To all ACPS Junior Members,
ACPS is again teaming up with US Equestrian to offer a scholarship program to support the continuing education of Junior Members and their Connemara partners. It is a way for you to add a clinic, a lesson with a professional, or other educational experience that you feel will further your skills and aspirations.
So think about a persuasive paragraph telling us about your special Connemara partner and submit it with the information listed on the application. Share one or two photographs if you would like. Submit to Troutranch@metrocast.net by September 1 with Junior Scholarship in the subject line.
The deadline to get your letter/application in is September 1 and scholarships are awarded at the Annual Meeting in September in Missouri.
ACPS Junior Scholarship Policy:
1) Junior: To recognize Junior Connemara riders and encourage them to pursue continuing educational activities with their Connemaras. Winners of the scholarships shall be awarded $200. Second place shall be awarded $100. All remaining applications which are worthy of Honorable Mention shall receive $25 each. Policies:
- Applicants shall be current individual or family members of the ACPS.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or under as of January 1st of the application year.
- The Connemara purebred or halfbred must be registered with the ACPS but does not have to be owned by the rider.
- The application must include the full registered name and registration number of the horse.
- If awarded, funds must be used to further the equestrian education of the horse and/or rider.
- Applications may continue to be made in subsequent years.
Go to the ACPS website for the application form: https://www.acps.org/images/forms/AwardsFO62009.doc.pdf
Looking forward to hearing from lots of juniors. We like to share your news in the Connemara Magazine, it is another way that you can help us support the breed.
Linda Haines for the Junior Scholarship Committee