- Published: January 29, 2019
To make sure your application is ready to process, the following should be in order:
- You must provide a name with no more than 30 characters including spaces, apostrophe, farm prefix.
- Be sure to record the foaling date
- A stallion service certificate must be signed and must include breeding dates.
- Both sire and dam must be Hoof Wall Separation Disease tested and the results on file with the ACPS, or attached.
- Each foal and each adult Connemara that has not been registered before, must have DNA sample. The hair kit will be sent when application is received in ACPS office.
- A Microchip number will be assigned when the DNA sample has been completed by the lab.
- The Microchip will be sent with the completed registration certificate.
- Registration fees must be attached. Checks or cash only.
Pay to: American Connemara Pony Society
Mail to: PO Box 100, Middlebrook, VA 24459
All foals and adult Connemaras must be DNA tested before registration will be completed.
Registration fees include a DNA test, Microchip, and USEF Lifetime Number
The first step for a purebred is a Temporary Foal Certificate – good for 2 years. At age 2, the TFC is sent back to the office with color, markings, height recorded.
If registering a gelding, be sure the “’gelding” box is checked. Note date of gelding. A Permanent certificate will be issued.
Within 6 Months of Foaling
- Members: $85
- Non-Members: $170
Over 6 Months to 2 Years
- Members: $100
- Non-Members: $200
3 Years+ (without TFC)
- Members: $150
- Non-Members: $300
Stallions at Age 3
- Members: $250
- Non-Members: $500
Stallion must have a pdf Veterinary Inspection Form (153 KB) completed by a Veterinarian certifying there are no unacceptable inheritable traits.